Thursday, December 22, 2005

LibDems Turn on Kennedy Part 94

I thought long and hard about whether I should give publicity to this - it is the season of goodwill to all men, after all. Yes, even to LibDems. But I am afraid things got the better of me and I must tell you about a new website calling on Charkes Kennedy to resign. Nothing particularly newsworthy in that, you might think. But think again. The Liberals still see their leader as a Social Democrat, rather than a proper Liberal in the sandal-wearing tradition. The website, www.kennedymustgo.co.uk is actually run by The Liberal magazine, which has become almost the in-house journal of intellectual LibDems. They give no reason, they just encourage you to sign up to a petition, which they will no doubt be presenting to CK on Christmas Day at his highland croft. If I were CK I'd tell them to bugger off and carry on with my well earned wee dram...

No comments: